Please note: The Water Smart Washington Online Forum ended on October 12, 2010. Thank you to all that participated. All comments received during this forum will be included in a report supplement to the Legislature and Governor. When completed, a link to the supplement will be posted on the Water Smart Washington – Washington State Water Management Reform web page.
The Washington Department of Ecology believes that open dialogue is an important part of the democratic process. To that end, we’ve developed this online forum where we will occasionally post topics for conversation. We invite you to participate and share your ideas and experiences.
How to participate
- One topic will be open at a time for commenting. (see the Water Smart Washington List of Questions)
- You make your comment by replying to the opening question. You may also reply to a comment posted by another community member.
- Please read our Commenting Policy before posting a response.
- You do not have to register before making a comment, but please include your name and email address. If you would like, you may also identify your county or affiliation.
- Please limit comments to 2000 characters or 400-500 words. You may want to prepare your comment with a text editing tool first, then cut and paste it into the “Leave a Reply” box.
- Be sure your comments are on-topic and specific. If you have other issues to discuss with Ecology staff, please contact us via email.
Each topic will be live on our forum for a specific amount of time; however, the conversation will be archived and available for viewing at all times.
This online forum is moderated, meaning that your comments will not go live as soon as you submit them. Ecology staff will moderate the site at least once a day on regular business days. Please keep in mind that Ecology is open Monday through Friday, except for holidays and legislatively-mandated temporary layoff days.
Comments that are not in compliance with EcoForum’s policy for posting comments will not be posted. If you have supplied your email address, Ecology will ask you to revise and resubmit the comment.
> Use the Resources links in the right column to learn more about the current topic.
> Questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.